The CAT is pleased to provide grant support for the costs associated with projects that are directly related to improvements in teaching.
Grant funding will be focused on the following teaching-related activities:
- Teaching improvement or innovation: Developing and implementing innovative teaching methods, strategies, or materials that enhance student learning and engagement, such as active learning, flipped classroom, online or hybrid instruction, using technology, gamification, experiential learning, or interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Increasing student success and accessibility: Addressing the needs and challenges of diverse or underrepresented student populations, such as first-generation, low-income, minority, or students with disabilities, and promoting their academic achievement, retention, and graduation. Incorporating the principles and practices of accessible design and development into the curriculum, and ensuring that the course content, materials, and activities are accessible to all students.
- Scholarship of teaching and learning: Conducting systematic inquiry into the effectiveness and impact of teaching practices on student learning outcomes, using appropriate research methods and tools, and disseminating the findings to the academic community.
Available Funds: We will generally fund projects up to $1,000
- Submission Deadline Monday, October 16th, 2023
- Decision Notification Monday, November 6th, 2023
Covered Expenses: Grant Funds may be used for the following expenses when clearly linked to a project in one of the areas described above.
- Purchasing books for group reading and discussion
- Speaker fees
- Purchasing food for meetings
- Costs of data collection and analysis
- Support for a research assistant
- Travel to give a conference presentation on SoTL or a teaching innovation
- Participation in a teaching conference or workshop
Funding Cycle: Funds that are distributed during the 2023-2024 academic year must be spent by May 15th, 2024. If your project is to occur after May 15th, 2024, please apply for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- All expenses will be submitted through WorkDay using the budget code provided.
- All expenses must be submitted within 2 weeks of spending grant funds and before June 1st.
- A final report with an analysis of deliverables outlined in your proposal must be submitted by June 15th.
Please fill out the following basic information fields and download and make a copy of the “Grant Application Short Answer Template” questions using the file below, then upload your new file containing your responses. Important: the “Short Answer” .docx is a template so please refrain from making any changes to the original or they will show up for everyone!
If you’re not certain if your project is a good fit, feel free to reach out to us and we’re happy to help think it through with you. Thank you for applying!